• Engaging clients by conversing with them and planning and attending them as they participate in appropriate social activities and hobbies.
• Handling basic housekeeping, such as dusting, sweeping, mopping, organizing, and laundry.
• Planning and preparing meals for clients, taking dietary restrictions and preferences into consideration.
• Taking a genuine interest in client by listening to their needs, ensuring that their environment is clean and safe, and providing them with proper food and medication.
• Monitoring clients, recording and reporting any developments or concerns to appropriate parties, such as company supervisors, doctors, or family members.
• Driving clients to planned outings or events.
• Handling errands for or with client, such as grocery shopping, paying bills, writing letters, etc.
• Providing emotional support for clients as they heal or cope with their conditions.
• Other duties assigned
Skills & Qualifications:
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• More education, experience, specific skills or interests, or training may be preferred.
• Fluency in the client’s language may be required.
• Excellent references and a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
• Strong communication, listening, planning, housekeeping, and reasoning skills.
• Ability to handle physical demands, such as lifting or support client and stand, walk, bend, or crawl for extended periods.
• First aid. CPR or nursing training may be a plus.
• Caring, sympathetic approach to working with clients.
• Willingness to follow directions and adhere to all company policies, safety procedures, and dietary, exercise, and medication plans.
•Must be willing to work anywhere in Edmonton, but mostly in the Northside
Must have a driver’s license and a reliable vehicle