Cleaning and maintaining a Seniors facility building to make sure that it meets any housekeeping sanitation requirements and provides a comfortable space for residents or employees.
JOB DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Dusting and polishing furniture and fixtures
Cleaning and sanitizing toilets, showers/bathtubs, counter tops, and sinks
Maintaining a clean and sanitary kitchen area
Vacuuming and cleaning carpets and rugs
Sweeping/vacuuming, polishing, and mopping hard floors
Using any cleaning equipment such as vacuums, mops, and other cleaning tools
Keeping bathrooms stocked with clean linens, toiletries, and other supplies
Cleaning mirrors and other glass surfaces
Emptying trash receptacles and disposing of waste
Steaming and cleaning draperies
Tidying up rooms
Monitoring cleaning supplies and ordering more as needed
Reporting any necessary repairs or replacements
Other duties assigned
Maintain clean and sanitary conditions in all public spaces, including guest rooms, bathrooms, public spaces and recreational facilities on a daily basis.
Follow a daily work regimen, completing tasks in an efficient, timely manner, including cleaning toilets, sinks, mirrors and floors.
Keep rooms clean, comfortable and tidy, being mindful of occupant’s personal items.
Check that all light fixtures, televisions and other appliances are operational and report any issues to management.
Prepare rooms for residents or resident change over, providing a clean, fresh environment
Expedite work among other members of the cleaning staff, coordinating effective approaches to the daily cleaning tasks, building trust and commitment throughout the team.
Adhere to standard safety protocols, and alert management of any hazardous or unsanitary working conditions
Act in a friendly and courteous manner toward residents, guests and fellow employees, and uphold the image and professional standards of the facility.
· Must have a Police Clearance with Vulnerable Sector Check
· Ability to perform physical tasks, including continuous standing and heavy lifting up to 75 lbs.
· Previous experience in housekeeping or professional cleaning
· Knowledge of and experience in cleaning and sanitizing rooms to varying levels to meet requirements
· Ability to adapt to different situations and change work processes to accommodate customer needs
· Listening skills to make sure that they are meeting the needs of their clients for cleanliness and sanitation standards
· Ability to take criticism
· Good customer service skills
· Reliability, organizational skills, integrity and honesty,
· High energy levels