• Coordinates, communicates, assesses, plans, develops, implements, and evaluates all newly admitted residents and those with changing, complex, unpredictable, unstable health care needs to ensure quality care is provided utilizing a comprehensive assessment and ongoing plan of care. • Supervises and monitors that the resident care has been assigned to appropriate, competent nursing staff including supervision of those restricted activities that are supported by Care At Home Trust to be assigned to other regulated health care professionals or non-regulated health care staff.
• Demonstrates knowledge in safe, competent, ethical, clinical, evidence-based gerontology nursing practice, safe medication administration, and effective, timely documentation in accordance with organizational, legislative and legal requirements.
• Participates in the development of plans, objectives and strategies for care services, which are aligned with overall organizational strategic directions.
• Participates in the development, revision and implementation of operational policies, procedures and programs in collaboration with appropriate team members, physicians, interdisciplinary team and other stakeholders in accordance with evidence-based practices.
• Acts as a mentor and coach to staff.
• Actively demonstrates, supports, promotes and implements the mission, vision, values, behavior standards and strategic directions of the Foundation.
Job Qualifications • Registered Nurse,BSCN and Gerontology Certificate preferred.
• Current membership in good standing with CARNA.
• Demonstrated skills in leadership, communication, teamwork, performance management, concern resolution process and customer service.
• Strong organizational, computer and presentation skills are required in this position.
• Awareness of accident and injury prevention, hazard identification and control; adherence to safe work practices and procedures is essential in this position.
• Demonstrated knowledge and commitment to person-centered care.
• Demonstrated commitment to the mission, vision and values of the Care At Home Trust is essential in this position.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain a Vulnerable Sector check with the City of Edmonton Police detachment and provide proof of license.